August is coming to you one day early! Summer is slipping by far too fast. Farmers’ markets are exploding with goodness this month, and fortunately, much of the produce growing now doesn’t need much cooking, if at all. Now’s the time to savor a ripe peach over the sink.
I’m feeling conflicted between spending time on some fun projects and recipes, and soaking up sunshine at the nice pool next door that I’ve only visited once this summer. Can I work by the pool? Now there’s an idea. See link no. 1 below.
- I Work From Home
- Who knew that Martha Stewart is so funny? (podcast)
- Real talk on that “effortless expensive” decorating style
- What is aquafaba?
- The 6/30 rule for sleep… seems like a rule I should follow.
- Interior design rules: Scale, etc. I love this stuff.
- How to Make a Difference and Find Your Purpose with Blake Mycoskie (podcast)
- Chemotherapy, Then the U.S. Championships
- Brandless: Everything is $3 and it a lot of it is organic. I’m intrigued!
- Sweet Peas Meals: The new menu planning service offered by my friends Maria and Jessica.
- Updates on those practical Nordstrom anniversary sale purchases (affiliate links): Keeping the warm vest, because it’s cute and very warm. The leggings are super nice, but I’m in between sizes and I found some better hiking pant options elsewhere. Keeping the SmartWool socks. Also keeping the bra that Ali has been telling me about for ages. It’s so pretty and the design prevents it from doing that annoying fold-over thing after a few washes.